Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

When Im Gone (freewrite)

If it ever so happens that I just
abruptly exit and you have no intuitve direction
as far as
what to do
just remember:

how the red leaves are deepest in autumn,
how the tide is at its highest immediately prior to crashing
and how I neglected myself the most.

I am a dead child living in a knowledge-filled womb.
I was a victim of circumstances brought from the tomb,

hung in my closet.
It hanged and dangled
kicked its legs on swings of sorrows
and jumped.
Leaveing its footprints in the sand
no wood chips here they made gavels with the trees
to make those
and books
and diplomas
for inner city children.
Not JUST because you're black
color lines
in coloring books
we're tought to be separatists
and forget that at the end of the day we're the same

WE DIE

so just in case I do,

just do what you would do for me
as if I was still here.


When I'm gone
just remeber
AWARE- everything reaches its deepest beauty right before it passes
(byE)

No comments:

Post a Comment